There are few people who know the worlds of B2B SaaS and B2B marketing as well as Rand Fishkin.
Rand has worked in the field for over 15 years and throughout the course of his career he's founded two SaaS companies, Moz & SparkToro, co-founded inbound.org with HubSpot’s Dharmesh Shah, published his book Lost & Founder: A Painfully Honest Field Guide to the Startup World , is a renowned keynote speaker, and you might also know him as the star of Moz's ever so popular Whiteboard Friday video series.
In this episode we draw on all those years of experience as Rand shares his field guide to B2B SaaS Marketing where we discuss:
- The actual purpose of marketing and what it should achieve
- The evolution of the SaaS space from 2003 to 2018 and what it means for marketers today
- How to balance between long-term growth strategies and short-term growth tactics
- How to develop your content marketing strategy and factors you need to consider
- The importance for marketers and SaaS companies to be behaviour-driven and not goal-driven
- Why Rand started SparkToro and some of the important lessons he learned from building Moz that he’s applied to SparkToro
- How Rand’s developing the marketing strategy for SparkToro
- The marketing strategies that worked for Rand back in 2003 and that still hold true today
Stay tuned to the end of the episode where Rand takes on our fast five challenge and shares her best piece of advice for fellow SaaS marketers.
And let us know what you think by tweeting to us @SaaSGrowthHub
Enjoy the show!
SparkToro >> sparktoro.com
Moz >> Moz.com
SparkToro Trending >> sparktoro.com/trending
The Law of Shitty Clickthroughs >> andrewchen.co
Lost & Founder >> on Good Reads
The Billionaire Who Wasn't >> on Good Reads
Indie Hackers >> indiehackers.com
Typeform >> typeform.com
Follow Rand on Twitter >> twitter.com/randfish