Last updated 31 October, 2021.
In this episode of The Growth Hub Podcast we’re joined by two superstars of SaaS, Marie Prokopets & Hiten Shah, co-founders of Draftsend & Product Habits, as we hear their views on how to build, launch and market new products in SaaS.
With a background in strategy consulting, Marie moved from New York City to California where she quickly found her way into the west coast’s tech scene. It was soon after that she met Hiten and together they have founded Product Habits & Draftsend, and they have plans to launch a lot more in the future.
Hiten has started multiple SaaS businesses including Kiss Metrics, Crazy Egg and Quick Sprout, and he’s also an investor or advisor at companies such as Drift, Buffer, Clearbit, and LinkedIn among many more. You may also know Hiten as one of the people responsible for coining the term growth hacking with Sean Ellis and Patrick Vlaskovits way back in 2010.
In this episode we hear the story of how Marie and Hiten came to work together and we explore what it takes to build, launch and market new SaaS products, including:
- The product strategy for Draftsend and how that pivoted to target a different cohort of users
- The marketing strategy when launching Draftsend including some of the key lessons Hiten applied from his earlier SaaS ventures
- How SaaS companies can leverage Product Hunt when launching new products
- Hiten and Marie’s plans for developing both product & marketing as Draftsend looks to scale up
- How you can overcome your fears of public speaking so you can crush it next time you’re on stage
- What Hiten and Marie have planned for the future and where they go to read and stay up to date on all the latest things in SaaS
Stay tuned to the end of the episode where both Marie and Hiten take on our fast five challenge and share their best piece of advice for fellow SaaS marketers.
Make sure you subscribe on iTunes and SoundCloud or so you never miss an episode of The Growth Hub podcast.
And let us know what you think by tweeting to us @SaaSGrowthHub
Enjoy the show!
Marie and Hiten's newest product, FYI >> usefyi.com
Draftsend >> draftsend.com
Product Habits >> producthabits.com
The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron (Marie's Book Pick) >> on Amazon
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield (Hiten's Book Pick) >> on Amazon
"Growth hacking was invented with a mint julep and two beers" >> hitenism.com/growth-hacking
Follow Marie on Twitter >> @MarieProkopets
Follow Hiten on Twitter >> @hnshah
Advance B2B >> www.advanceb2b.com
Follow The Growth Hub on Twitter >> twitter.com/SaaSGrowthHub
Follow Edward on Twitter >> twitter.com/NordicEdward