Last updated 14 September, 2020.
When Ed Shelley joined Berlin-based ChartMogul as the company's first full-time hire, his task was to develop and roll-out their entire content strategy. Two years later Ed and the ChartMogul team have built up a highly engaged SaaS audience through a combination of content including cheat sheets, blog posts, a podcast and their Friday SaaS Roundup newsletter.
In this episode Ed shares his insight on how you can build a highly engaged content audience, including:
- How Ed started building out ChartMogul’s content strategy
- How to measure the success of your content efforts using a north star metric for content
- The keys to creating successful, engaging, evergreen content that compounds over time
- How Ed uses Quora to retain traffic and keep people coming back to ChartMogul’s content
- Why ChartMogul decided to ungate all their content and the impact it had on their marketing and growth funnel
- Why ChartMogul decided to launch a podcast alongside what it takes to create and run your own show
- Ed's philosophy on the ultimate purpose of why we do content marketing
Stay tuned to the end of the episode where Ed takes on our fast five challenge and shares his best piece of advice for fellow SaaS marketers.
And let us know what you think by tweeting to us @SaaSGrowthHub
Enjoy the show!
ChartMogul >> chartmogul.com
The Ultimate SaaS Metrics Cheat Sheet >> chartmogul.com/resources/saas-metrics-cheat-sheet
Ed's Interview with Tope Awotona of Calendly >> blog.chartmogul.com/tope-awotona-ceo-calendly
Total Recall >> on Amazon
Shoe Dog >> on Amazon
The Red Rising Trology >> on Amazon
Inside Intercom Podcast >> blog.intercom.com/category/podcast
Y-Combinator Podcast >> blog.ycombinator.com/category/podcast
The Tim Ferris Show >> tim.blog/podcast
Exponent Podcast >> exponent.fm
Follow Ed on Twitter >> twitter.com/Mr_Ed