One of the big challenges facing sales, marketing and growth teams is the abundance of customer data scattered across multiple tools and platforms. Ed Fry of Hull.io knows this all too well so I caught up with him to hear how you can collect all that data to build the ultimate customer profile in order to segment, personalise and automate your sales and marketing — at scale.
Prior to joining Hull’s growth team, Ed was employee number one at inbound.org, the internet's smartest marketing community, and with close to a quarter of a million members this is where Ed first ran into the challenge of delivering automated personalisation at scale. In addition to these topics, Ed talks to us about:
- What growth really means within the context of B2B SaaS
- The importance of defining and building your growth model around your North Star Metric
- His 5-part framework to achieve personalisation at scale alongside how he used email to solve this issue at inbound.org
- Why we should stop using the term “Marketing Stack” and use “Customer Stack” instead
- And the story of how he secured a funding round for inbound.org over lunch with Rand Fishkin & Dharmesh Shah at MozCon, alongside the tremendous importance of conference beers
Stay tuned for the end of the episode where Ed shares the 5 tools he’d use to build his customer stack alongside his best piece of advice for SaaS growth leaders.
And let us know what you think by tweeting to us @SaaSGrowthHub
Enjoy the show!
Hull >> hull.io
Ed's 5 Part Framework For Personalisation >> hull.io/blog/personalization-everywhere-create-a-personalization-strategy
Stop Calling It a "Marketing Stack" >> hull.io/blog/stop-calling-it-a-marketing-stack
Do Fewer Things, Better >> onstartups.com/do-fewer-things-better
Inbound >> inbound.org
Follow Ed on Twitter >> twitter.com/edfryed