Last updated 10 February, 2022.
"Just because you're a B2B SaaS does not mean you need to be boring, and stale, and wear suits, and only speak in acronyms. People are people! Take that visual identity, have a strong color palette, have a mascot, have a strong entertainment voice. And don't just put it on your website. Put it in the product!"
Bill Macaitis is former SVP of Marketing & CMO at Salesforce, Zendesk & Slack. In this episode, he and Edward talk about how to build a billion-dollar SaaS company.
Many SaaS founders, CEOs, and marketers dream of building unicorn businesses. Well, it's something Bill has done on several occasions throughout his career, and we caught up with him to hear how it's done (and even go one step further; the Decacorn).
Bill covers some great topics, including:
- How Marc Benioff convinced him to leave the world of consumer marketing and make the move from B2C to B2B SaaS
- What it was like to work with Marc Benioff directly
- How Bill brought a B2C mindset to the world of B2B marketing
- How marketing teams can help create a billion-dollar valuation
- How you should structure your marketing teams for growth
- The marketing philosophies and playbooks Bill ran at Salesforce, Zendesk, and Slack
Claim your free SaaS marketing assessment from Advance B2B >> www.advanceb2b.com/tgh
Manager Tools Podcast >> www.manager-tools.com/podcasts
Follow Bill on Twitter >> twitter.com/bmacaitis
Advance B2B >> www.advanceb2b.com
Follow The Growth Hub on Twitter >> www.twitter.com/SaaSGrowthHub
Follow Edward on Twitter >> www.twitter.com/NordicEdward