There are few better people to discuss marketing career growth with than Ryan Bonnici, CMO at G2. Ryan had the ambition since the age of 10 to become a leader in the marketing world, well before knowing what a CMO was. He has been named as one of the World's Most Influential CMOs by Forbes, and prior to G2—the world's largest tech marketplace—Ryan held executive-level marketing roles at HubSpot, Salesforce, ExactTarget, and Microsoft.
In this episode Ryan explains how you can 10X your career growth as he outlines the factors behind how he made it to the C-suite before the age of 30.
In addition, this episode covers:
- How you can map out your career path and set goals & milestones
- How to move from an individual contributor to proficient manager and manage up
- The characteristics and skills Ryan looks for when hiring
- How to discuss and get raises & promotions
- Overcoming challenges such as imposter syndrome and career anxiety
- How marketers can move into leadership positions such as VP or CMO
Stay tuned to the end of the episode where Ryan takes on our fast five challenge and shares his best piece of advice for fellow SaaS marketers.
And let us know what you think by tweeting to us @SaaSGrowthHub
Enjoy the show!
LinksG2 >> www.g2.com/
Trust Me I’m Lying by Ryan Holiday >> www.goodreads.com/book/show/135428…ust-me-i-m-lying
The Power of Now by by Eckhart Tolle >> www.goodreads.com/book/show/6708.T…from_search=true
Follow Ryan on Twitter >> twitter.com/ryanbonnici
Bring Change To Mind & G2 Campaign >> www.g2.com/g2gives/bring-change-to-mind